Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Southside Baptist Church exists...
To confirm that our primary purpose is the communication of the Good News of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ to all persons as stated in Romans 1:16-17. 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. 17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. .
We endeavor to equip and enable each individual for this purpose through the provision of opportunities of worship, education, service and fellowship as described in Ephesians 4:11-16.
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.
What is most important to us:
- The Bible: authoritative, inerrant, our standard for truth and obedience
- Christ-Centered Living: loving the Lord God with our whole hearts
- Dependency on God for every area of our lives
- Prayer: individual and corporate prayer as crucial in doing God's work
- Equipping Believers for a passion-driven, gift-based ministry
- Missions: Taking Christ to the nations by giving, praying, and going
We minister by:
- Loving Relationships: Acceptance, caring for others, forgiving
- Tradition and Contemporary Worship: vibrant, heartfelt, reflective
- Bible Studies
- Strengthening Families along with strong youth, and children's ministries
- Empowering Leadership